Issue - Ghost streaming files

If you're using a tech preview version of Remote Potato then don't post in the regular support forums, as it's not supported in the same way. Instead please check in here for known issues and post your feedback and bug reports. Your comments and feedback are actively encouraged!
Forum rules
No spamming, flaming or excessive self-promotion. Please play nicely!

Issue - Ghost streaming files

Postby nickb » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi Carlos.

Great job on the new Tech Preview. However....the following issue is still prevalent in this new version:

Viewing videos from the video folder work fine...BUT...after the video is closed, RP is writing a file by the same name with no file size, and when I try to delete them (manually thru Win Explorer), it says they are still in use by the RP service, and can't be played again until the RP service is stopped and the file created by RP is deleted.

In order to delete these "ghost" files, I have to reboot the machine or stop the RP Service and then delete them, and then restart RP Service.

My guess is that RP is not killing the stream and deleting the temp file for videos in the video folder after being played or closed.
nickb
Hot Potato

Re: Tech Preview v0.98.25 Released [10th April] - New Featur

Postby nickb » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Atrtached is a screen shot of what happens. Notice the two "Serenity" entries. The first is the actual movie, the one that has the generic icon is the one RP creates to stream, but does not delete if you stop the movie.
Attachments
RP Screen Shot.jpg
RP Screen Shot.jpg (274.9 KiB) Viewed 8366 times
nickb
Hot Potato

Postby ashterisk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 am

Hi Charlos, This is great set of features. Do you have some documentation on how to use it (in my case from windows phone 7 client)?
thanks,
ashterisk
New Potato

Postby Carlos » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi everyone please post issues in the 'Tech Preview' forum and Developer related issues in the developers forum.

Thanks

Carlos

FAQ: How to post debug logs | How to clear your browser cache

If you've found Remote Potato useful, please consider buying me a pint. Much appreciated!
Carlos
Head Potato

Return to Tech Previews - Discussion